The hand board is also called the first board, rapid prototyping or mockup. It is the physical object that reflects the design intent. After the designer completes the product design, it does not need to open the mold. According to the product appearance or structural drawings, one or several identical products are used to check. Appearance, structural rationality or samples for market research.
The production process of the hand board can be divided into a manual hand board and a numerical control hand board:
(1) Manual hand: its main workload is done by hand;
(2) CNC hand board: The main workload is done by CNC machine tools, and according to the equipment used, it can be divided into laser rapid prototyping (RP) and hand center (CNC) hand board;
1. RP hand board: mainly the hand board produced by laser rapid prototyping technology；
2. CNC hand board: mainly the hand board produced by the machining center.
Advantages and disadvantages of RP hand board and CNC hand board:
The advantages of the RP hand plate are mainly in its rapidity, but it is mainly formed by the stacking technique. Therefore, the RP hand board is generally relatively rough, and there are certain requirements on the wall thickness of the product, for example, the wall thickness is too thin to be produced.
The advantage of the CNC hand plate is that it can reflect the information expressed by the drawing very accurately, and the surface quality of the CNC hand board is high, especially after the surface coating and silk screen printing is completed, even more brilliant than the product produced after the mold is opened. Therefore, the manufacture of CNC Shouban has become the mainstream of Shouban manufacturing.
The hand board can be divided into plastic hand board and metal hand board according to the materials used in the production:
(1) Plastic hand board: The raw material is plastic, mainly the hand board of some plastic products, such as TV sets, monitors, telephones, etc；
(2) Metal hand: The raw material is metal material such as aluminum-magnesium alloy, which is mainly the hand of some high-end products. For example, notebook computer, advanced single player, MP3 player, CD player, etc.
The role of the hand board:
1.In order to verify the design, the hand board is not only visible, but also touchable. It can intuitively reflect the designer’s creativity in the form of physical objects, so as to easily find defects in the design;
2.In order to verify the structural design, since the hand plate is assemblable, it can intuitively reflect the rationality of the structure and the ease of installation. It is convenient for engineers to discover engineering and process problems existing in the product structure, propose solutions, and optimize product structure and functions;
3.Because the cost of mold manufacturing is generally high, the relatively large mold value is hundreds of thousands or even millions, and the production of hand can avoid this loss and reduce the risk of mold opening. Opening the template can also be used as a reference for the production of product molds, making the mold manufacturing more accurate and faster, shortening the development cycle, and winning the opportunity for the product to seize the market;
4.Due to the advanced nature of the hand-made production, you can use the hand-made board for the promotion of the product before the mold is developed, and even the pre-sales, production preparation work, and early occupation of the market, so that the product launch time is greatly advanced.
Kaier Wo is willing to provide you with the most professional hand-made board processing services to help you reduce the risk of mold opening and win the market faster. At the same time, we are also a professional 3D printing factory, looking forward to your call.