Today, let’s see why we choose SLS 3D printing technology. What is the difference between them? SLS 3D printing uses a laser to selectively sinter solid powder layer by layer and layer to obtain the required parts. Compared to SLA technology, an infrared laser beam (such as a CO2 laser) is used, and the material is changed from a liquid photosensitive resin to a powder of plastic, wax, ceramic, metal, and composites thereof. The two are essentially the same, but the latter are generally directed at the processing of metal alloys. Now let’s take a look at the principles of SLS 3D printing, and its advantages, and get a deeper understanding of it.
First, the principle of SLS 3D printing, the principle of selective laser sintering molding method:
1) The powder particles are stored in the supply bin on the left side, and the powder lifting platform rises upward when printing, and the powder higher than the printing plane is pushed onto the printing plate of the printing bin through the spreading roller to form a thin film. Flat powder layer;
2) At this time, the laser beam scanning system performs selective scanning on the powder layer according to the two-dimensional CAD path of the slice, and the scanned powder particles are sintered together due to the high temperature of the laser focus, thereby generating an entity having a certain thickness. Sheet, unscanned area still retains the original loose powder.;
3) After the sintering of one layer is completed, the printing platform is lowered according to the height of the slice, the horizontal roller again flattens the powder, and then the sintering of the new layer is started, at which time the layers are simultaneously sintered together;
4) Repeat this until all layers have been sintered. Remove and recycle the unsintered powder to remove the printed solid model.
Second, the advantage
The advantages of SLS 3D printing are obvious compared to other 3D printing methods:
1) The molding material is very extensive. In theory, any powder material capable of forming an interatomic bond after heating can be used as its molding material;
2) Any complex structure can be printed, including hollow structures, hollow structures, and the like. The process is independent of the complexity of the part and the strength of the part is high;
3) High material utilization rate, unsintered powder can be reused, and material waste is low;
4) No need for supporting structure, loose powder plays a supporting role, reducing the difficulty of pre-printing model processing;
5) It can process standard plastics with good mechanical properties, which can be applied to almost all industries.
It is not only the proof of concept in the research and development design stage, but also suitable for the production of functional hand boards, the production of terminal parts, and direct or indirect. It is used in various rapid castings. At present, the process is widely used in aerospace, home electronics, automobile production, medical assistance, arts and crafts and lighting.